Job Title: Customer Service Manager
Department: Customer Service
Reports To: President
Position Summary: The Customer Service Manager is required to lead a major business unit and will assist in establishing a strategic plan for the department. Additionally, this associate is required to perform various administrative and reporting functions.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- For new hires, must meet all employment qualifications in force at time of hiring, including successful passing of all pre-employment examinations and background checks.
- For current associates, must have received satisfactory or higher reviews during last performance review.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years of related experience, including one to three years of prior progressively responsible supervisory experience.
- Must sign all required co-worker agreements.
- Ability to interact with people in various positions within the company.
General Duties and Responsibilites
(This is a representative list of the general duties and is not intended to be all-inclusive.)
- Participate in the strategic planning process for the organization and the department.
- Decision making regarding company’s business involving customers, associates and operational issues.
- Interview job applicants, complying with all company hiring policies.
- Plan, organize and direct the activities of customer service associates.
- Establish performance standards and objectives to evaluate the efficiency and productivity of assigned associates.
- On-going performance management of customer service associates. Provide continuous training, coaching, goal setting and skill development.
- Conduct regularly scheduled performance appraisals.
- Address disciplinary issues and administer appropriate disciplinary actions, up to and including termination of employment, making sure to follow company guidelines.
- Ensure that work produced by associates is in accordance with company standards (i.e. special shipping instructions, core identification labeling, etc.).
- Maintain accurate reporting on monthly in-business and other metrics.
- Manage stocking levels of Make and Hold inventory. Investigate variances in inventory counts and assist in development of corrective/preventive actions to eliminate recurrence.
- Respond to Corrective Action Reviews in a timely manner, identifying root causes and implementing effective Corrective and/or Preventive Action measures.
- Perform administrative duties including data entry, scheduling, reports, tracking, inventory control, etc.
- Monitor and comply with all quality control procedures and SOPs.
- Ensure safety requirements (per OSHA regulations) are met.
- Comply with and enforce company’s established policies and procedures.
- Meet deadlines in completing work assignments.
- All other duties necessary to satisfy the ever changing demands of the customer as well as sustaining profit and positive cash flow.
- All other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Attributes Required to Perform the Essential Functions of the Position
- Eyesight sufficient to read, write, and operate equipment essential to this position.
- Hearing sufficient to communicate with customers, vendors, and associates and in the work environment, which often has high background noise.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation, instruction, and/or speaking with others.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Behave in accordance with rules set forth in the Associate Handbook.