Job Title: Business Development Team Member
Supervisor Title: Vice President of Business Development
Sells company services and manages the production of work to established customers as well as prospecting for new ones.
Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Sells company capabilities to established customers and prospect for new ones. Acts as service representative to customers. Accountable for maintaining and expanding annual profitable sales.
- Maintains customer relations and customer satisfaction. Develops additional contacts at each account to assure continuity and/or sales growth.
- Identifies customers and potential customers regarding their needs. Educates himself/herself in all phases of customer’s business. Learns and understands the customer’s needs and listens for any opportunity to provide new services to the customer.
- Analyzes customer and obtains job specification to complete RFQ’s for estimating according to the customer’s specifications.
- Manages specifications and costs of work from estimating through production and job validation to change orders and final job costing, billing, and project reconciliation.
- Engages in managing client digital assets and digital communications with individual accounts.
- Assist the customer in planning jobs by offering creative ideas on design, layout and binding. Services the customer by solving problems, gathering and transmitting information as needed.
- Advises customer of prices for Authorized Alterations and changes of specification obtains approval or purchase order to authorize plant to process with production and obtains customer authorization for overtime.
- Maintain or increase sales revenues for assigned accounts by providing and ensuring exceptional service.
- Obtains accurate customer deadline dates and advises production whenever copy of proofs will be delayed, when deadlines must be changes.
- Assesses customer’s plans regarding future print projects, future budgets, and in-house marketing plans and updates supervisor of this information.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
Qualifications: To perform the essential duties of this job satisfactorily, an individual must have knowledge of the 4/color process. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, shill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Requires a bachelor’s degree and/or three (3) to five (5) years of customer service experience in a printing environment.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as estimates, accounting ledgers and journals, and procedure manuals. Have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to communicate effectively with agents, customers and other employees of the organization. The person must also have excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Have the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, gross profit, sale markup etc.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardizes situations. Ability to use abstract reasoning subject to supervisor approval in situations departing form accepted procedures and practices.
Other Skills and Abilities: Requires the ability to operate a wide variety of standard office equipment, such as a computer and keyboard, calculator, telephone, FAX, photocopier, etc.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes and airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions. Job related travel is occasionally required.