Date: November 1, 2009
Job Title: Customer Service Manager
Supervisor Title: Director of Customer Service
Job Purpose and Reporting Structure: The incumbent is responsible for achieving the company’s strategic and tactical objectives for the customer service area.
Managerial Responsibilities: The Customer Service Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Sales Administration operations of the organization to include sales support, customer service, preparation of estimates and price quotes, order processing and finished good inventory activities.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Within the limits of authorized Corporation policies, procedures, programs and budgets, is responsible for, and has commensurate authority to accomplish the duties set forth below:
- Supervise customer service operations to include training and assigning personnel to meet schedules and objectives.
- Administer customer service policies and procedures consistent with established company policy to ensure that customers are retained, satisfied, and that their needs are fulfilled.
- Develops, tracks and reports key performance measures for the Customer Service group.
- Develops and implements process and procedures to improve operational efficiency.
- Ensure the highest quality of service to customers by providing courteous and efficient customer service responding to inquiries as needed; by providing timely and complete sales order verification and processing; and by assisting in expediting product manufacture.
- Administer the handling of finished goods inventories, releases, maintaining obsolescence schedules, problem solving and reviews.
- Responsible for issuance of all credits and credit adjustments, coordinating activities for problem solving between customers, facilitating manufacturing and sales departments including arranging credits, reruns and adjustments for unsatisfactory orders.
- Ensure that accurate and complete quotations are provided to customers in a timely manner.
- Ensure the correct assignment of customers to sales representatives in the internal computer network.
- Recruit, select and develop employees who staff the Customer Service Department; evaluate performance of direct report employees and recommend pay changes to ensure attraction, retention and motivation of qualified employees.
- Participate in the orientation of new sales representatives.
- Participate in budget preparation and departmental objectives for the Customer Service Department ensuring achieved goals are evaluated against objectives and functions as defined by job descriptions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to work with people at all levels of an organization. Attention to detail; good analytical problem solving; excellent oral and written communication skills. Working knowledge of Sales department policies and practices. Knowledge of estimating and quoting as well as the production processes involved in the printing industry are required. Knowledge of business mathematics. Excellent knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling required. Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with customers and sales representatives both verbally and in writing.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor degree with 5+ years experience in customer service operations, including supervisory experience, as well as estimating and quoting in the printing industry. Five years in customer service operations including supervising, as well as estimating and quoting in the printing industry.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Office and some plant environment; ability to sit, stand, walk, use stairs. Interstate travel may be required.