- Technology Bulletin: 2016 MIS Survey (06/2016)
- Augmented Reality [PDF]
- Automated Quality Control: Vision Inspection Systems in Print
- Direct-to-Garment Printing: Can it Fit for You? [PDF]
- Federal Solvent-Contaminated Wipe Rule Provides Regulatory Relief [PDF]
- Game-Changers for the Printing Industry [PDF]
- Human Resources: 10 Inspiring Ways to Reward Employees in 2014
- Industry Briefing: Competing in Print’s Dynamic Marketspace in 2015
- Is "Do Not Track" Good of Bad for PSP's? [PDF]
- Is Social Media Useful for Marketers? [PDF]
- Overwhelming Trends Facing Book Markets [PDF]
- PrintAS Cost Calculator
- Printing in 3D [PDF]
- Seven Minute Solutions: Prepare for Value Analysis
- Technology Bulletin: 2014 Mailing Software Survey
- White Page: Utilizing NFC in Graphic Communication
- 8 Steps to Designing a Winning Sales Process [PDF]
- Analysis of the Wide-Format Workflow Market [PDF]
- Best Business Practice Guidelines for Terms and Conditions of Sale [PDF]
- Economic Flash Report Archives
- Google Search Management and QR Codes [PDF]
- HR Resources
- HR Update (Monthly Newsletter)
- Job Descriptions
- Print Market Updates
- Quarterly HR Metric Results
- The Value of Print
- Yearly Economic Forecasts
- EHS Regulatory Compliance
- Hazard Communication Guidance for Printing Operations
- Green and Sustainability
- Safety Poster—General Equipment Safety Practices
- Safety Poster—Reduce Combustible Dust Hazards
- Safety Poster—Safe Operation of Powered Industrial Trucks
- Safety Poster—Get to Know SDS
- Safety Poster—Globally Harmonized System of Classification (GHS) Pictograms Quick Reference
- Safety Poster—Globally Harmonized System of Classification (GHS) Label Guide
- Safety Poster—What to Wear Vs. What NOT to Wear (Women)
- Safety Poster—What to Wear Vs. What NOT to Wear (Men)
- Calibration and Profiling for Soft Proofing [PDF]
- Color Correction in Photoshop: A Step-by-Step Guide to Great Images [PDF]
- Color Management and Rendering Intents [PDF]
- Designing for Digital: 5 Don’ts for Creatives [PDF]
- Digital Printing of Laminates: Opportunities for Color Production Inkjet Solutions [PDF]
- Gradients and Banding [PDF]
- In-Plants: Making the Cross-Media Connection [PDF]
- Inkjet: Production Inkjet
- Inkjet: Wide-format Inkjet
- Image Recognition- Evolution via Integration [PDF]
- Investigational Reports
- Live Preflight with InDesign [PDF]
- Preflight for Success: A Guide for Designers and Printers [PDF]
- Printing Consistent Color: Separations That Are Easy to Control on Press [PDF]
- Research and Technology Reports
- RGB or CMYK for Digital: Which is Best? [PDF]
- RGB Color Correction Tips [PDF]
- Technology Articles
- Technology Bulletins
- Toner and Large Solids [PDF]
- Transparency and Fonts [PDF]
- Unsharp Mask Tips and Tricks [PDF]
- Vendor Profiles of Cloud-Based Workflows & Infrastructures for Graphic Communications [PDF]
- When Not to Use a Font [PDF]
- Wide Format Goes Cross-Media [PDF]
- Wide-Format Print Signage vs. Digital Signage Display [PDF]
- White Papers and Primers
- 2015 Wide Format Forecast
This is an executive summary of an annual review of the global market for digital Wide Format Graphics (WFG) printing, also called Display Graphics (DG), based on vendor sales data from the preceding calendar year (2014).
- B-2 Cut-Sheet Digital Printers
The first generation of B-2 cut-sheet digital production printers have been installed, and a new report by I.T. Strategies investigates who is buying these machines and what they are printing with them. This report is available for free to all Printing Industries of America members.
- Mobile-Optimized Websites: A Primer for Printers
QR codes—along with the right mobile experience—is another tool that can be offered to marketers as part of an integrated print solution. In this white paper, you'll learn how to get started with building mobile-optimized websites.
- Augmented Reality—Extending the Value of Print
Updated for 2013! This white paper by author Joe Marin provides an overview of augmented reality technologies and highlights their relevance to print. New information includes an updated tutorial and additional resources.
- Your Website: Keep It or Start Over?
This white paper will help you understand—without all of the technical jargon—how to assess, modify, and enhance your own website so that you're practicing everything that you preach!
- SGIA 2012 Las Vegas
The SGIA show remains remains a go-to event for the digital wide format and specialty printing community. The following report by I.T. Strategies contains the latest review of products, companies, and their contextual analysis from this year's SGIA Expo.
- VDP Costing and Pricing: The Fundamentals
In this white paper author Joe Marin explains the fundamental aspects of VDP costing and pricing and explains difference between estimating and pricing static printing versus VDP.
- Social Media Investigations of Top Vertical Markets
This report compiles information related to how different vertical markets use social media.
- QR Codes: A Primer for Printers
This white paper is a short primer for printers interested in extending the value of the printed page while providing more interactive, engaging information for the customer through the use of QR codes.
- Digital Printing and Survivability in the U.S. Postal System
In this white paper author Joe Marin analyzes the results of a research study showing how various digital printing solutions and substrates ared from a variety of mailing locations and distances.