Job Summary: Internship will be for 26 weeks -- starting (Month, Day, Year) and ending (Month, Day, Year). Full-time focus will be on Lean. Regular job duties will be covered by someone else during the internship.
Educates and develops people in each department to create an environment of continuous improvement that strives to eliminate waste and improve flow. Successful outcomes include lower costs along with improved communication and teamwork.
Reports to: Lean Director
Lean Expectations (each employment anniversary year):
- Participate in at least two hours of educational experience (s) such as job shadowing, technical skills training, cross training, webinars, seminars, Lean networking tours, etc.
- Implement at least one improvement idea.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement events.
- Develop cross-functional project teams to produce results.
- Oversee 5S audit program.
- Write and maintain training and presentation documents.
- Develop and maintain budgets, metrics, reports and record keeping for the projects identified.
- Give presentations on current or completed projects.
- Train employees on Lean principles.
- Assist with training team leaders.
- Assist with training and coaching new managers and supervisors on how to lead in a Lean environment.
Other Responsibilities: As directed
- Ability to learn quickly
- Good memory retention
- Good oral communication skills (including public speaking)
- Good written communication skills
- Ability to identify “waste”
- Good problem solving skills
- Must embrace change
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to flex working hours