Shipping Supervisor Job Description
Department: Shipping & Receiving
Job Title: Shipping & Receiving Supervisor
Job Summary: Supervises all shipping operations and responsible for incoming shipments.
- Oversees the "call-back" program, where drivers call-in to notify the planners of shipment details and we are able to be pro-active regarding customer requests for such information.
- Supervises the prompt and accurate filling, packing and shipping of orders.
- Maintains good relations with commercial carriers.
- Maintains a functional relationship with all departments and on shipping related matters.
- Traces lost or delayed shipments. Plans and recommends to supervisor new equipment purchases for the department.
- Maintains files, guides, directories and equipment to perform assigned responsibilities.
- Assures that all work areas are kept clean, neat and orderly.
- Schedules and directs personnel regarding skidding.
- Keep lists of dock closings.
- Accepts, counts and VERIFIES all incoming shipments, being certain you have received what you have signed for. Immediately notify your supervisor of any discrepancies.
- Prepares shipping receipts, filing one copy in JT and one in shipping dept.
- Routes drivers for deliveries
- Keeps up to date and accurate records of all deliveries
- Responsible for all Vehicle maintenance and keep an accurate record of work performed.
- Keep updated on production schedule and insure labels and any other special material pertaining to the shipment of a job are ready at the time of production.
- Insure dock area is clean
- Coordinate the pick-up on scrap paper with recycling vendor.
Help-out in the bindery when ever possible.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Regular & Predictable attendance is an essential part of the job.
Follow all safety procedures and company policies.