Date: April 29, 2004
Job Title: Customer Service Manager
Supervisor Title: Vice President of Sales
Job Purpose and Reporting Structure: The incumbent is responsible for achieving the company’s strategic and tactical objectives for the customer service area.
Managerial Responsibilities: Planning and communicating objectives in regard to customer service department. Select and train subordinates as well as direct and supervise their activities.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receive all questions and concerns from external and internal customers. Provide solutions to problems.
- Receive, sort and prepare a checklist for all customer materials. Determine date of availability for any missing materials.
- Generate purchase orders for customer supplied components as required
- Ensure customer supplied components are available on time to meet schedule.
- Attend scheduling meetings and communicate with co-workers the status of jobs, any unique circumstance relating to jobs, etc.
- Prepare shipping papers.
- Serve as a back-up to CSRs.
- Check samples to ensure accurate final product. Request any necessary changes.
- Send proofs to customers and receive them upon return.
- Maintain or increase sales revenues for assigned accounts by providing and ensuring exceptional service.
- Provide samples to customers.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
Marginal Job Qualifications:
- Attend meetings as required
- Meet with customers off-site as required.
- Press Approvals as needed.
Qualifications: To perform the essential duties of this job satisfactorily, an individual must have knowledge of the 4/color process. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, shill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Requires a bachelor’s degree and/or three (3) to five (5) years of customer service experience in a printing environment.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as estimates, accounting ledgers and journals, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with agents, customers and other employees of the organization. Requires excellent telephone and interpersonal skills.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, gross profit, sale markup etc.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardizes situations. Ability to use abstract reasoning subject to supervisor approval in situations departing form accepted procedures and practices.
Other Skills and Abilities: Requires the ability to operate a wide variety of standard office equipment, such as a computer and keyboard, calculator, telephone, FAX, photocopier, etc.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes and airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions. Job related travel is occasionally required.