Reports to: Department Supervisor
Pay Grade: 6
Responsible for collection and inspection of product, documentation and feedback of concerns to department supervisors. Monitor production of customer samples for defects and verification of counts. Maintain job files.
Responsibilities and Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Create job files and initiate Quality Audit Forms
- Hourly rounds to presses, stitchers and binders.
- Time stamp products
- Check product for defects according to company quality standards and documenting defects on Quality Audit Forms
- Review defects with pressman or operator for acknowledgement
- Monitor quality of customer samples at time of production of samples
- Verify customer sample quantities
- Maintain job files of: press and bindery time pulls, color okays, sign offs and quality audits
- Perform other duties as requested
- Follow all required Safety Procedures such as: PPE’s, Ergonomics, Chemical Hazards, etc.
- Perform job in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts to cover vacations and/or absences
- Prompt and regular attendance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required
- Good eye for detail
- Knowledge of press and bindery
- Good communication skills
- Ability to understand job tickets and job layouts
- Ability to work without supervision
- Quality minded
- Ability to pass Color Test
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Mandatory hearing protection while in the production area of the plant
- Chemical exposure is low. May be exposed to chemicals during the inspection process.
- Majority of this job requires standing and maneuvering through the plant for approximately 100% of the day
- Temperature ranges are on the warm side throughout the year
- Lifting maximum of 20 pounds
Additional Duties: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. You will be expected to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by your supervisor.