Job Title: V.P. of Operations
Reports to: President
Salary Range: ______________
Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs which guide the company in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation. Responsible for all or a large segment of the manufacturing operations.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Responsible for manufacturing operations including traffic, quality control, standards, and material control.
2) Responsible for meeting efficiency and utilization targets as established in the budget. Makes decisions on plant’s capability of producing jobs or meeting special schedules. Establishes manpower requirements for each department and makes adjustments depending on work load, schedule changes and projections; controls overtime in manufacturing departments.
3) Participates in the study of new machinery and production methods and the selection of new equipment. Makes recommendations for productivity and quality improvements through the use of new methods and machines and implements same as directed.
4) Makes a daily analysis of productivity including machine speeds, net production, chargeable hours, non-chargeable hours, paper usage, and spoilage. Works with individuals involved to maintain performance at standards or above.
5) Annually makes a performance evaluation of each person under direct supervision and reviews salary with departmental and personal goals. Hires, terminates, trains, promotes, makes payroll changes after consultation with Executive Vice President who is also obligated to secure approval of recommendations from the President.
6) Attends regular scheduling meetings and approves overtime as recommended.
7) Reports on long-range schedule outlook to management and makes recommendations in terms of increasing or reducing plant capacity.
8) Studies problem areas of production and manufacturing and makes reports, changes or recommendations in regard to customer complaints and problem areas of production.
9) Holds monthly departmental meetings with foremen, Production Manager, company Treasurer and Vice President of Finance to review department budget performance.
10) Reviews and updates department standards in conjunction with Accounting and Estimating departments.
11) Participates in industry technical groups.
12) Serves as a member of special committees. Serves as chairman of special company committees.
13) Reviews department and personal goals with supervisor and subordinates on a regular basis
14) Supports sales effort as requested by Vice President of Sales/Marketing to get new accounts or solve problems.
15) Ensures knowledge of company policy and office rules, union contract provisions and procedures, when applicable.
16) Responsible for plant safety, training and government compliance with government and local regulations.
17) Performs other duties as requested.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- College degree in Business Management or related area and/or equivalent years experience in printing company management.
- 10+ years experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing processes in a printing company.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, organization and communication.
- Ability to read and understand English oral/written instructions as well as communicate orally the English language.
- Basic Math.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Communication skills – written and verbal.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of production materials.
- Knowledge of quality methods and techniques.
- Ability to anticipate problems and head them off.