By viewing this job description, you acknowledge that PIA/GATF assumes no liability for the accuracy of information as it was submitted by various members of the association. The following is provided for "informational purposes only" so that your company may develop its own customized job descriptions. Companies viewing the following agree that they will customize their own job descriptions to meet production demands, operational procedures, recruiting criteria, performance criteria, and any required legal compliance.
Position Title : Color Manager/Insite Administrator
Department : Digital Prepress
- Minimum high school graduate.
- Computer literate (Macintosh and PC).
- Strong work ethic.
- Assertive communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to work any shift and be on call in the off hours if necessary.
- Confident user of Macintosh computers.
- Must posses a high level of proficiency in Photoshop.
- Ability to utilize QuarkXPress, Freehand, Illustrator, and PageMaker.
- Must have a clear understanding of color as it pertains to the printing process - RGB to CMYK, GCR, UCR, ink densities and dot gains, etc.
- Review, plan and schedule all work going through the department.
- Develop workflows.
- Create and develop all color management throughout the entire printing process. Color match between proofs, plates and press.
- Responsible for all proofing devices - calibration, maintenance and color profiles.
- Support sales staff in regards to supplied images and proofs. Set policy as to their printability and implement course of action to be taken when issues arise.
- Review color and consult with customers when needed.
- Mount/dismount originals.
- Crop, name, scan images, cleanup dirt, and color correct.
- Add shadows, create blends, vignettes, outlines, and create merges.
- Create duotones and DCS 2.0 images.
- Perform Photoshop ‘magic' to images.
- Output random proofs.
- Assemble proofs and proofread.
- Maintain calibration on densitometers and output devices.
- General maintenance of proofing devices.
- Create curves for output devices and interact with pressroom as needed.
- Create User ID's/passwords, assign privileges; retain access to all perimeters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
I have read and understand the above. It is a suitable description of my job.