Job Title: Sales Account Manager Date:
Dept: Sales Status: Exempt
Reports to: Sales/Marketing Manager
Sells company printing services and manages the production of printed work primarily to established customers.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sells company capabilities primarily to established customers. May also do some prospecting. Acts as service representative to customers. Accountable for maintaining and expanding annual profitable sales to assigned customers.
- Maintains customer relations and customer satisfaction. Develops additional contacts at each account to assure continuity and/or sales growth.
- Identifies needs of customers and potential customers regarding printed materials. Educates himself/herself in all phases of customer's business. Learns and understands the customer's needs and listens for any opportunity to sell new services to a current customer.
- Analyzes customer specifications in regard to company price list and guidelines to establish quotations. Completes quotes and invoices for jobs and potential jobs, if applicable. Works closely with Estimator and Planner.
- Develops manufacturing plan and schedule for all work sold according to accepted standard operating procedures, workflows, and protocols.
- Manages specifications and costs of work from estimating through production plan and job validation to change orders and final job costing, billing, and project reconciliation.
- Engages in managing client digital assets and digital communications associate with individual accounts.
- Coordinates and leads all project-related communications to client as well as internally to functional manufacturing departments.
- Obtains customer job specifications in complete detail and closes sales based upon estimate and selling price guidelines provided.
- Assists the customer in planning jobs by offering creative ideas on design, layout and binding. Services the customer by solving problems, gathering and transmitting information as needed and demanding the highest quality product.
- Advises customer of prices for Author's Alterations and changes of specification obtains approval or purchase order to authorize plant to proceed with production and obtains customer authorization for overtime.
- Obtains accurate customer deadline dates and advises production whenever copy of proofs will be delayed, or when deadlines must be changed
- Assesses customer's plans regarding future print projects, future budgets, and internal office automation or in-house marketing plans, and updates supervisor of this information.
- Maintains customer and prospective customer information files for company database. Keeps accurate records on all jobs and customer contacts, so both company and customer are protected should questions arise later.
- Tracks jobs through production and communicates any problems and changes to plant personnel and customers.
- Inspects proofs and sends to customer. Sets up press check with customer if needed. Refuses low quality work from the plant before customer sees it.
- Sends proper materials back to customer. Closes the job and ensures proper storage of materials to be kept.
- Attends scheduled sales meetings and participates in training.
- Performs other duties as requested.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's degree in Sales/Marketing, Graphic Arts, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience.
- Ability to identify and meet customers' needs and requirements.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Knowledge of printing processes and capabilities preferred.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Working knowledge and application of prepress, press, bindery and distribution processes required.
- Excellent computer operation skills including general office applications in addition to experience working with databases and spreadsheets.
- Strong time management skills.
- Demonstration of self-managed abilities.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Supervisor Signature Employee Signature