While working under the general direction of the Bindery Department Shift Supervisor or the person in charge, the Bindery Set-up Operator III performs any and all work described under job descriptions for Bindery Assistant I and II, and Bindery Set-up Operator I and II. In addition to setting up and operating the Saddle-stitch machine, the Bindery Set-up Operator III must be able to set-up 3 or more of the following machines: Binder, Trimmer, Cutter, Trimmer-stacker, Tipper, Smythe sewing machine,Tipper, Jacketer, Casepacker, Palletizer, Collator, Drill Shrinkwrapper, or Padding machine. S/he also continues to learn upon assignment to set-up and operate lines of associated equipment in preparation to becoming a more skillful and versatile operator. The Bindery Set-up Operator III performs, but is not limited to, all of the tasks included in the above stated positions.
- Reviewing the schedule board for the next job assigned to the machine or line of equipment being worked on
- Acquiring the job folder and reviewing it for specifications or special instructions that may impact the operation or setting up of the machine or line of equipment.
- Following routine procedures in the setting-up and in the operation of the machine or line of equipment.
- Reviewing the quality of the product continuously to meet that which is required.
- Maintaining the required records with quantities and/or any other information that may be helpful or required.
- Learning to become a more skilled operator.
- Assisting in the training of lesser skilled workers
- Maintaining both the bindery equipment and the immediate area.
- Inspecting books, deciding to accept or reject books, or parts thereof, in maintaining the quality level required on the job.
- Maintaining quality and production records in a prescribed manner.
- Reporting unusual conditions or circumstances to the supervisor or the person in charge.
- Working on job assignments in other manufacturing areas as instructed.
Comfort Performing Tedious Tasks-Able to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
Conscientiousness-Strictly adheres to all company policies and procedures, complies with safety regulations
Follows Directions-Is able to easily understand instructions and complete tasks with minimal supervision
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand C (Constantly) 10 lbs or less C (Constantly)
Walk F (Frequently) 11-20 lbs F (Frequently)
Sit N (Not Applicable)) 21-50 lbs F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering C (Constantly) 51-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
Reach Outward C (Constantly) Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Climb N (Not Applicable)
Crawl N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel O (Occasionally)
Bend C (Constantly)
Push / Pull
12 lbs or less C (Constantly)
13-25 lbs F (Frequently)
26-40 lbs F (Frequently)
41-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection)