- Reviewing the schedule board for the next job assigned to the machine being worked on.
- Acquiring the job folder and reviewing it for specifications or special instructions that may impact the operation or setting up of the machine
- Following routine procedures in the setting-up and in the operation of the machine.
- Reviewing the quality of the product continuously to meet that which is required.
- Maintaining the required records with quantities and/or any other information that may be helpful or required.
- Inspecting books, deciding to accept or reject books, or parts thereof, in maintaining the quality level required on the job
- Assisting in the training of lesser skilled workers assigned to the job.
- Maintaining quality and production records in a prescribed manner to provide useful information on the given job.
- Reporting unusual conditions to supervisor or person in charge.
- Working on job assignments in other manufacturing areas as instructed.
- Maintaining the bindery equipment and the immediate area
Comfort Performing Tedious Tasks-Able to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
Conscientiousness-Strictly adheres to all company policies and procedures, complies with safety regulations
Follows Directions-Is able to easily understand instructions and complete tasks with minimal supervision
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand C (Constantly) 10 lbs or less C (Constantly)
Walk F (Frequently) 11-20 lbs F (Frequently)
Sit N (Not Applicable) 21-50 lbs F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering C (Constantly) 51-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
Reach Outward C (Constantly) Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Climb N (Not Applicable)
Crawl N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel O (Occasionally)
Bend C (Constantly)
Push / Pull
12 lbs or less C (Constantly)
13-25 lbs F (Frequently)
26-40 lbs F (Frequently)
41-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
While performing Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this job, the employee regularly works near moving equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employees in this position may be advised or required to utilize personal protective equipment including but not limited to: ear protection, eye protection, lifting equipment, protective smocks.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.