- Setting-up, maintaining, and repairing any machinery or equipment in the Bindery Department.
- Reviewing the schedule board for the next job assigned to the machine or line of equipment being worked on.
- Acquiring the job folder and reviewing it for specifications or special instructions that may impact the operation or setting up of the machine or line of equipment.
- Following routine procedures in the setting-up and in the operation of the machine or line of equipment.
- Reviewing the quality of the product continuously to meet that which is required.
- Maintaining the required records with quantities or any other information that may be helpful or required.
- Assisting in the training of lesser skilled workers.
Conscientiousness-Strictly adheres to all company policies and procedures, complies with safety regulations
Follows Directions-Is able to easily understand instructions and complete tasks with minimal supervision
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
Stand F (Frequently) 10 lbs or less C (Constantly)
Walk C (Constantly) 11-20 lbs F (Frequently)
Sit N (Not Applicable)) 21-50 lbs O (Occasionally)
Handling / Fingering C (Constantly) 51-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
Reach Outward F (Frequently) Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Climb O (Occasionally)
Crawl N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel O (Occasionally)
Bend C (Constantly)
12 lbs or less F (Frequently)
13-25 lbs F (Frequently)
26-40 lbs O (Occasionally)
41-100 lbs O (Occasionally)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection)
While performing Essential Duties and Responsibilities of this job, the employee regularly works near moving equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employees in this position may be advised or required to utilize personal protective equipment including but not limited to: ear protection, eye protection, lifting equipment, protective smocks.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.