The Finishing Technical Engineer assists the Mailing Supervisor as crew leader of the list processing area along with R&D for the entire finishing department, stay abreast of USPS rules and regulations, assist internal and external customers with mail piece design USPS rules and regs.
Reports to: Mailing Supervisor
Lean Expectations (Each employment year)
- Participate in at least one Lean event or serve as an auditor, Guiding Coalition Member or on the Safety Committee; and
- Implement at least one improvement idea; and
- Participate in at least one educational experience such as job shadowing, cross-training, webinar, seminar, Lean networking tour, etc
- Keep hardware and software current for mail processing and postal report generation.
- Troubleshoot mail files.
- Back-up list processors and mail clerical specialist tasks when needed.
- Research and Development for the Finishing Department
- Finishing equipment trouble shooting and repair.
- Develop and assist with SOP’s for the Finishing Dept.
- List room personnel training. Administrative Responsibilities
- Crew leader of list processing personnel
- Assist internal and external customers with mail piece design and USPS rules and regulations.
- Stay current with USPS rules and regulations.
- Act as a problem solver for the finishing dept during runs in order to maintain quality and productivity.
- Advise outside processors on mail file specs
- Inventory and purchase of list processing supplies
- MS Windows, database file structures, deduping programs, ink jet procedures, list management strategies
- Analytical thinking
- Organizational and communication skills
- Training and coaching skills
Published on Monday, July 21, 2008 (updated 05/28/2014)