Primary duty is to manage a work group of product quality employees. Customarily and regularly supervises two or more full-time individual contributors. Develops operating procedures and auditing practices for manufacturing departments. Coordinates testing activity with vendors on new materials and develops specifications for new materials selected. Coordinates paper mill and ink supplier reviews and manages mill technical activity between plants. Manages and coordinates activity in the implementation of the Quality Inspection Process. Direct the activities of the Material Manager and Paper Coordinator. Reports to Vice President and General Manager
1. Responsible for the product Quality Assurance of all books produced at (division) including administration of inspection procedures, disposition procedures, statistical process control procedures, coordination of customer complaint reviews and quality issues.
2. Interfaces with management in both plants to review quality results on a weekly basis. Prepares action plans and improvement to manufacturing departments.
3. Validates conclusions and recommendations from data collecting and testing activity of new materials. Develops specifications for new materials selected.
4. Fosters positive relationships with all vendors/suppliers. Coordinates paper mill and ink supplier reviews.
5. Manages and coordinates the implementation of the policy and procedures manual throughout the company. Manages the maintenance of these manuals once implemented.
6. Design and recommended systems to administer procedures that ties accountability to manufacturing employees’ job performance, specifically quality, efficiency and waste standards.
7. Manages paper inventory through the activities of the Material Manager and Paper Coordinator.
8. Performs administrative duties relating to the supervision of subordinates including the maintenance of time reporting, attendance and personnel records, resolution of disciplinary problems, and performance evaluations.
9. Has ultimate authority to terminate employees under his or her supervision.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, rush jobs, change in workload or technological development).
**In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals holding this job will be required to perform the responsibilities listed here with or without reasonable accommodations provided by the company.