Your total training package for new bindery employees
“... a welcome and much-needed solution to the problem of scarce training programs available to the postpress industry. This comprehensive resource can help to fill a void and elevate bindery training to a whole new level.”
—Brent Eckhart, Eckhart & Co. Bindery
- Essential information for today’s bindery employee
- Easy-to-use for instructors of every experience level
- Manual includes more than 175 real-life tips for the trainer to make instruction engaging and effective
The Printing Industries of America Bindery Training Curriculum is a must-have training tool for improving bindery productivity. Authored by a graphic arts professor and reviewed by a team of bindery professionals, this unique product has been designed to teach essential principles and operating procedures to new bindery employees. Developed in response to the increased need for greater bindery productivity through more knowledgeable and skilled bindery employees, it is the first training tool of its kind to be available in the printing industry.
With tight production and training schedules in mind, a convenient ready-to-use package has been created that contains everything needed to quickly and easily conduct an introductory training course:
- Instructor’s Training Manual with CD-ROM offers lesson notes, hands-on activities, and review questions enhanced with plenty of real-life training tips, training prop ideas, review/reinforcement activities, troubleshooting charts, and a glossary of 400 terms.
- Instructional CD-ROM illustrates principles and processes presented in the lesson notes. More than 200 movie clips and illustrations are included. Templates are provided for all operating procedures checklists so they can be customized to a facility’s own equipment. (CD is both PC and Mac compatible.)
- Trainee’s Workbook provides plenty of worksheets, checklists, troubleshooting charts, and other job aids for learning and quick reference, plus a glossary of 400 terms.
- Introductory Textbook, At the Finishing Line: A Primer for New Bindery Workers, is a practical, easy-to-read text with explanations, diagrams, and a glossary geared to the beginning bindery worker.
All materials are designed to be straightforward, engaging, and effective for new bindery workers and their trainers.
The Bindery Training Curriculum covers everything from basic bindery principles to equipment operation and safety: Orientation, Safety, Paper, Preplanning, Cutting, Folding, Saddle Stitching, Adhesive Binding. Troubleshooting is also included, with plenty of quick-reference charts to help.
To implement, the program is led by an instructor with lessons and activities both in the classroom and the bindery work area. It can be taught as an entire course, or certain subjects can be selected that are most pertinent to a particular facility or job position.
The entire course content can be covered in approximately 56 hours, or mini “short courses” on specific operations can be taught in 26 hours or less. Budget-conscious pricing makes it practical to purchase enough materials for all of your students; a Bindery Trainee’s Kit is just $45 for members.
Purchase this curriculum in the Online Store.
For questions about program content and implementation, contact Joe Deemer, manager of technical information, at email@example.com or call 1-800-910-4283 x764.