The Printing Industries of America Sheetfed Offset Press Training Curriculum is specially designed to expedite staff training and achieve results that translate into greater profitability. It is a complete resource that contains everything needed to deliver technical content, teach standard operating procedures, and measure trainee learning and performance. The sixth edition is even more visual, interactive, and production-oriented than ever before.
Features that enhance learning and retention include
- 80 problem-solving activities
- 100 worksheets
- 240 training tips from the pros
- 11 core subject areas organized into 44 modules
- More than 500 video clips, photographs, and diagrams
- More than 1,100 questions
Four key curriculum elements are designed to be used in conjunction to make a complete course. The manual and workbook are spiral-bound for lay-flat convenience.
- Instructor’s Training Manual: Two volumes packed with lesson notes, problem-solving activities, and supplementary hands-on exercises enhanced with plenty of real-life training tips, training prop ideas, checklists, and job aids.
- Instructional CD-ROM: The CD illustrates principles and processes presented in the lesson notes. More than 500 movie clips photos, and illustrations are included. Templates are provided for all SOP checklists so they can be customized to a facility’s own equipment. (CD is both PC and Mac compatible.)
- Trainee’s Workbook: Two volumes of note-taking outlines and study questions are provided, as well as worksheets, checklists, and other job aids for learning and quick reference.
- Instructional Textbooks: Two of Printing Industry Press’s bestsellers—Sheetfed Offset Press Operating and Guide to Troubleshooting for the Sheetfed Offset Press—provide essential reading to support course material and contain valuable content for future reference.
PLUS, Trainee Recognition…
A Certificate of Completion is granted by Printing Industries of America to those trainees completing the knowledge and SOP sections of all eleven tasks (core subjects) in the course and successfully passing a final examination. The certificate is an excellent acknowledgement of a distinctive achievement in continuing education and development.
Purchase this curriculum in the Online Store.
For questions about program content and implementation, contact Sam Shea, manager of publications, by clicking here or call 1-800-910-4283 x747.