Nominations due January 31, 2017.
Eligible candidates will be judged on how their actions benefited the industry in the areas listed below. It is recommended that a candidate has demonstrated activity in a number of criteria, with significant accomplishments in at least one.
- Education—increasing knowledge of environmental effects of materials and processes employed in printing operations to both the printing industry and regulatory agencies
Example: Did the nominee conduct or participate in studies relating to printing or binding process?
- Public Relations—promotion of a wholesome and active graphic communications image by addressing and mitigating regulatory and public concerns for the environmental impact of graphic communications operations
Example: Did the nominee project a positive reputation by developing strong working relationships with regulatory agencies that had a positive impact for the entire subsegment of the industry?
- Continuous Improvement—encouragement of better sustainable business practices and reduction of health hazards within the printing industry
Example: Did the nominee develop environmental compliance programs or technology, or did the nominee promote new sustainability procedures designed to simultaneously protect the environment?
- Compliance Assistance—industry assistance with EPA and OSHA regulations
Example: Did the nominee effectively communicate requirements of new regulations?
- Regulatory Issue Involvement—investments of time and/or personal or organizational resources that have benefited the industry in terms of cost savings, more reasonable regulations, improved community relations, and/or a more wholesome work environment
Example: Did the nominee show dedication or direct resources toward improving regulatory requirements for the industry?
- Pioneering Efforts—unique efforts or creation of an original sustainable development that contributed to healthier working conditions and improved environmental control
Example: Did the nominee develop a system or product that reduced environmental or health hazards?
- Provide a detailed description of a candidate’s actions and results of their efforts as they specifically apply to the nomination criteria.
- Supply a detailed biography and descriptions of accomplishments for the candidate. Past successful nominations focused on the results of a candidate’s efforts and how they benefited the industry rather than listing what the candidate had done.
- Complete the nomination form.
- Letters of support for the candidate are highly encouraged.
- Submit all required and supplemental materials to:
Printing Industries of America
301 Brush Creek Road
Warrendale, PA 15086-7529
Email: ksmith (at) printing.org
If you have any questions, contact Kayleigh Smith at 412-259-1713 or ksmith (at) printing.org.